In this How To Video Kurtis Elwell will walk you through how to do a fakie on a BMX. The best place to start learning how to roll a fakie is on a steep hill or incline. As soon as you start to lose momentum on the hill you will stop for a moment then start rolling backwards. If your BMX is equipped with a cassette wheel it will start to force you to pedal backwards. Then, when you are rolling backwards and want to turn around, turn your front wheel to a 45 degree angle. Lean back a bit so all of your weight is supported on your rear wheel. Shift your weight to prompt your bike to spin around into the new direction. When you are first starting it is acceptable to lift your front tire rather than dragging it on the ground as you spin. As you get stronger and with more practice you'll learn to spin without having to lift the front wheel. When you shift your weight to turn, make sure you'll be starting your roll out with your natural foot first. Keep in mind quarter pipes are good for practicing fakies as they'll give you more speed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades